a fantastic and fashionable way to promote literacy!

by | |

Out of Print Clothing is awesome. It operates with a mission similar to that of Tom's shoes, which I also adore. Out of Print produces fashion tees with the covers of the world's great novels on them. A few of the selections include On the Road, The Catcher in the Rye, and A Streetcar Named Desire. Not only do the tees have a great vintage vibe, but for each one you buy, Out of Print will donate a book to a needy community in Africa. I LOVE this idea, and think I simply must have the Lolita tee. Side note: I don't care how controversial that book is. It is the most beautiful thing I have EVER read. Side side note: Speaking of books, is anyone reading anything interesting right now? I just finished up The Road by Cormac McCarthy (masterpiece), and am thinking of picking back up with Locus Solus by Raymond Roussel next. I also just ordered The Assignment: or, on the Observing of the Observer of the Observers.

In other news, my CATS are in the Elite Eight! Joy abounds!

Love,
S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment