spring breakin'!

by | |

It's official: twenty classes separate me from Spring Break. That seems like a million right now, but it's really oh-so-close. I was never really the wild and out, Panama City SB type of girl. Even if I was, I'd be too old for that hullaballoo now. I'll be spending the week with my lovely mommy in my second home, Aiken, South Carolina. I'm so excited that my best friend Kathleen is coming too! We've planned some excursions that I thought I'd share, should your break also take you to the Carolinas!

The Biltmore Estate. Asheville, North Carolina


This will be my fourth visit to the Biltmore. I just LOVE it. Asheville is one of my very favorite cities, and I love stopping there on my drives from Lexington to Aiken. When I found out that tickets to the Biltmore are currently on sale for $35, I knew I had to go again. Why couldn't I have been a Vanderbilt??

Charleston, South Carolina OR Savannah, Georgia

charleston.jpg

This is a toss-up. Charleston is another of my favorite places. I love the history, the architecture, the market, and of course the FOOD! A.W. Shucks is my favorite raw bar, and has some of the best seafood I've ever tasted. (First place goes to Captain George's in Virginia Beach.) It's the food that's really at the heart of the debate here. I've been to Savannah/Tybee Island a few times, but never to Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Sons. It's a beautiful city too, so we'll see how this one works out!

The Aiken Spring Steeplechase. Aiken, SC


If I'm going to be hanging around Aiken, I need to give into the equestrian life. Like Lexington, Aiken's economy places a huge emphasis on the equine industry. The Steeplechase is rumoured to be quite the event, and I can't wait to see it for myself.

Love,

2 comments:

Free Pretty Things For You

thank you for your kind comment!
Im moving to NC close to The Biltmore Estate in Dec!! i cant wait to go there :)

Sarah Hunt

That's great! Asheville is a very artsy community, you'll love it.

Post a Comment