apparently, that hiatus was a hoax.

by | |





Today, I sat in the same spot in the library from 10 am until 6 pm, and I still don't feel as prepared as I want to be. I just had to have a little break. I tend to get this nervous adrenaline during finals. I could probably run ten miles without stopping right now. Okay, maybe not that much...I hung up my cross country shoes a long time ago. I just need to focus my energies somewhere else for a few minutes.

Thus, I'm going to ramble about Donovan. He's all I've listened to for the past few days. I started listening to him during high school, whenever I found out that he was with the Beatles in Rishikesh. It was pretty light stuff, Colours, Sunshine Superman, and the like. A few years later, a certain green-eyed boy I used to know introduced me to A Gift from a Flower to a Garden. Wow. I love both British psychedelia and folk, and this is the perfect balance of the two. It kind of makes me want to fall in love with some minstrel boy...if such a thing still existed. Donovan is one of the most underrated songwriters of the 20th century. Listen to Celeste and prepare to be made melllloooow.


Update: Contracts exam is over. All that needs to be said is that I never thought I would be so happy that I know that an elephant's gestation period is 22 months.


0 comments:

Post a Comment