this week's music: the pogues!

by | |
Actually, The Pogues always get pretty good airtime on my iTunes and record player. But right now, I just can't get enough. I've been missing both London and Ireland badly. Since I don't have the money to reach either, I figure Shane and the Pogues are the next best thing. Last night, I got the 5 CD box set of rarities, b-sides, etc, called "Just Look Them in the Eyes and say 'Pogue Mahone'!" It's definitely worth checking out if you're a Pogues fan. There's also an interview with Shane in the current Q magazine, where he was voted one of the Top 100 Frontmen of All Time. He's a real piece of work. I sat there in Barnes and Noble and giggled out loud at the things he said. In an unfortunate update from that interview, he has already lost his new teeth. Some things will never change.

I realize that this is a very, very rambly post, and I apologize. Here is one of my favorites by The Pogues--enjoy!






Oh Ireland, I'll be back.


London...best times of my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment